Offer In Compromise Guide
We are working hard to complete our Offer In Compromise Guide. Please check back regularly for updates.
[stextbox id="grey" bcolor="dcdcdc"]
- Introduction to offer in compromise: basis for offer and doubt as to collectability.
- Who is eligible for the offer in compromise?
- Offer in compromise: what to do before you file.
- Offer in compromise: calculation of reasonable collection potential.
- Offer in compromise: calculation of monthly household income and expense information.
- Strategies for presenting your offer in compromise and selection of payment terms.
- Preparing Form 433-A.
- Preparing Form 433-B.
- Preparing Form 656 and supporting documentation.
- Doubt as to liability and Form 656-L.
- IRS evaluation of offer in compromise: how likely is your offer to be approved?
- IRS acceptance of offer in compromise as pending.
- Final acceptance and approval of offer in compromise by IRS.
- IRS rejection of offer in compromise: installment and partial-pay installment agreement options.
- IRS rejection of offer in compromise: bankruptcy and not currently collectible options.
- IRS rejection of offer in compromise: 10-year statute of limitations on IRS collecting tax debts.
- Selecting a tax professional to handle your offer in compromise.